In connection with the coronavirus we have received advice from HQ which follows the government advice of handwashing, handshaking etc. Your Executive and JDSE&P committee are very aware of the need to ensure your safety in all respects. We are monitoring the latest news and advice regarding the corona virus, very closely. We want to avoid disruption but, especially given the number of senior members of the area, we need to take sensible precautions. At the moment the scientists appear to be saying that for the "healthy" the risk is low providing we follow their advice.
Currently it is intended that JDSE&P Day will proceed. However, if the government advises against gatherings we will have to cancel. This information will be circulated by emails to the address the Genista Spencer holds and will be posted in the news section of the website kentfloralart.co.uk and on Facebook so do keep checking these.
However, we need to consider how we each may put others at risk. If you have any doubt about coughing or feeling unwell then please do not come. We ask that you also consider the advice regarding recent travel or possible contact with an infected person such as a recently returned relative or close friend. If anyone has returned within the last 14 days from a trip to a country that is in a more advanced state of the epidemic than the UK ( e.g. France, Italy, Germany, not to mention Asia), we ask that you consider everyone’s safety and voluntarily withdraw.
Each club also needs to consider what they do with club meetings. Clearly if the government advises against gatherings then club meetings will need to cancel but before that it is for each club to make a decision as to whether to proceed in the light of the advice, the vulnerability of their membership and the proximity to cases in their area. Please note that the insurance does not cover cancellation. If you are contemplating cancelling, please get in touch with your demonstrator as soon as possible to let them know the position. Also be mindful that the demonstrator is from a different location and so may wish to self-isolate so again keep in touch with them. We would suggest that if you are looking at a last minute cancellation you apply the extreme weather guidelines which deal with costs in an analogous situation. Basically if you cancel late you should expect to pay for the flowers if the demonstrator has had to pay for them. The full guidelines can be downloaded from https://www.kentfloralart.co.uk/demonstrators.html.
Your Executive will keep monitoring and discussing the evolving situation and keep you fully informed. Stay safe everyone
If you have any concerns and would like to discuss this please contact Gill Smaggasgale – Vice Chairman (email@example.com – 01732 760552)
News from Kent Executive and Media Team