Today we have an idea for making some interesting designs for wrapping those smaller gifts. The innovative design was created by Area Vice Chairman and member of Romney Marsh Club, Cecilia Sleap. This is ideal for small gifts like socks & gloves, enjoy watching as they try to open it!!
Scroll down to below the first row of photographs for instructions on how to make the design and step by step photos.
Don't forget to come back tomorrow for another exciting design
Christmas Gift Wrapping Worksheet
• Brown paper. or any other strong paper
• Rummage around for all those decorative bits and bobs…anything you have saved for a project just like this!
• Glue, scissors. stapler, pen.
• Dust off the sewing machine, or needle and thread.
1. On a double sheet of the paper, draw freehand a Christmas sock, make it generously bigger and wider than the gift .
2. Glue together around the edges, leave top open to slide the gift in.
3. Machine around the sock but not too close to the edge or it may rip easily.
4. Decorate… it’s Christmas anything goes!
5. Pop the gift inside .
6. Sew the top closed.
7. Staple a hanging ribbon on, if required.
Try other shapes - Star, Bell, Pudding, Rudolf. Experiment with wallpaper, used plastic bags, greaseproof paper (for Christmas cookie gifts)
Use festive colour threads
News from Kent Executive and Media Team